This guide demonstrates how to use the ODS-Mail UI to set an external IMAP4 account, and retrieve synchronized messages.
- Confirm that ODS-Mail has been installed in your host ODS instance.
- Browse to your host ODS instance,
http://<cname>[:<port>]/ods, e.g., http://id.myopenlink.net/ods/.
- Log in.
- Create ODS-Mail instance:
- Go to Preferences:
- Click External Accounts in the left pane:
- Click the Create Account button:
- Fill out the form presented:
- Name: your own name for the external mail box, e.g., MyImapMail;
- Server type: specify: IMAP;
- Connection type: None or SSL/TSL, for ex: SSL/TSL;
- Server address: the address of the external IMAP4 Account Server, for ex: imap.gmail.com;
- Server port: the external IMAP4 Account Server's port, for ex: 993;
- Username: your account at the given external IMAP4 Account Server:
- Password: your account password
- Store in: the location in your ODS-Mail, where the retrieved messages from your external IMAP4 account will go, for ex: Inbox/MyImapMail ;
- Check for new messages every: 15 minutes for ex.;
After get: set "Leave original" / or "Delete from server after retrieval":
- Click "Verify" to verify your account setting and log in credentials:
- Click "Ok" and then click "Save".
- As result the created external IMAP4 Account should be presented in the list of available ODS user's External accounts:
- If you want to retrieve manually the messages from your external IMAP4 account, hatch the check-box in front of the account and click the "Get Mail" button:
- Status information should be presented:
- To view how many messages have been retrieved, you can go to "Activity Manager":
- View your external account messages by going to the set from above external IMAP4 account folder, for ex.
as in our example "Inbox->MyImapMail":
- ODS-Mail's Installation Guide
- Creating Filters in ODS-Mail
- ODS-Mail's SMIME + WebID Support Guide
- ODS-Mail's Programmers Guide
- Configure an external POP3 account in ODS-Mail
- Synchronizing Mozilla Thunderbird IMAP4 account store with ODS-Mail IMAP4 mapped instance