ODS iCalendar offers the feature to publish calendar items to iCalendar format for exchange with 3rd party iCalendar compliant applications:
- Go to Import/Export menu from the left vertical navigation.
- Go to Manage Publications.
- Click New Publication.
- In the form, enter the parameters as follows:
- Name: the name of the publication
- Select Refresh type:
- after any entry is changed
- every [n] hours /days
- Select Destination Type:
- WebDAV path
- Enter username and password if needed.
- Select Options for Tasks and ToDos.
Here is sample scenario how to publish Calendar items:
- Login at
http://myopenlink.net:8890/ods/as user demo
- Go to its Calendar
- Go to Import/Export -> Manage Publications -> New Publication
- In the form, enter:
- Name: MyPublication
- Leave Refresh Type as default.
- For Destination Type, choose URL
- For WebDAV Path / URL, enter:
- Note that if the file does not exist, it will be created (if you have the right credentials).
- Enter for username and password: demo.
- Click Create.
- The publication will be created.
- You can click the Sync button to force synchronization.
- The Status should now be shown as OK, with the date of execution.
- The content of the created file should resemble:
BEGIN:VCALENDAR VERSION:2.0 BEGIN:VTIMEZONE TZID:GMT+0000 BEGIN:STANDARD TZOFFSETTO:+0000 TZNAME:GMT +00:00 END:STANDARD END:VTIMEZONE BEGIN:VEVENT UID:del624f3e197bg22u81i5i4kh0 URL:http://myopenlink.net/dataspace/demo/calendar/demo%27s%20Calendar/1991 DTSTAMP:20080930T144705Z CREATED:20080630T151931Z LAST-MODIFIED:20080630T183700Z SUMMARY:repair MIS order data DESCRIPTION:fixed th ....