The following demonstrates how the PubSubHub (PSH) Protocol can be used to make push subscription to an Atom or RSS feed.
- Initially we create a blog instance and do some posts.
- Next we subscribe using the PSH generic client subscription UI.
Go to http://cname/psh/subscribe.html and enter for ex.
the following values as per attached:
- If subscription succeeds, we should see a Success message; otherwise, a trace for the error.
- In Feed Manager UI, we register the feed in order to see its content.
- Then we add one new post to the blog:
- Using generic publish client UI, we tell PSH there are changes; if all publishing is done we should see success message.
Go to http://cname/psh/publish.html and enter for ex.
the following URL as per attached:
- We check the feed subscription using feed manager, which in our case is used to display the feed.
Now we can see new post is pushed into the subscription.
- ODS-Feed Manager has an option to subscribe to push notifications using PSH protocol. Thus when subscribing it could subscribe to Hub. To know that it should inspect feed to see <link rel="hub" href="..." . For demo purposes, this has been divided into two separate steps.
- If ODS-Weblog knows there is a hub configured, it can present a link by which the hub can be accessed for push subscription
- ODS-Weblog changes to publish to hub automatically. Publishing is shown here as two separate steps for purposes of explanation of the protocol.
- Setting up PubSubHub in ODS
- PubSubHubBub Demo Client Example
- Setting Up PubSubHub to use WebID Protocol or IP based control lists
- Safeguarding your Virtuoso-hosted SPARQL Endpoint
- SPARQL Endpoint Protection Methods Collection
- Virtuoso documentation
- Virtuoso Tips and Tricks Collection
- SPARUL over SPARQL using the http://cname:port/sparql-auth endpoint
- Virtuoso Authentication Server UI
- Manage a SPARQL-WebID based Endpoint
- WebID Protocol Support in OpenLink Data Spaces.
- Manage ODS Datadspaces Objects WebID Access Control Lists (ACLs):
- ODS Briefcase WebID based ACL Guide
- ODS Feed Manager WebID based ACL Guide
- ODS Calendar WebID based ACL Guide
- ODS Bookmark Manager WebID based ACL Guide
- ODS Addressbook WebID based ACL Guide
- Guide for Set up a X.509 certificate issuer and HTTPS listener and generate ODS user certificates
- Configure Virtuoso+ODS instance as an X.509 Certificate Authority and HTTPS listener
- Configure Virtuoso instance as an X.509 Certificate Authority and HTTPS listener
- CA Keys Import using Conductor
- Generate an X.509 Certificate hosted WebID Guide
- Generate an X.509 Certificate (with a WebID watermark) to be managed by host operating system keystore
- Generate an X.509 Certificate (with a WebID watermark) to be managed by a browser-based keystore
- Using Virtuoso's WebID Verification Proxy Service with a WebID-bearing X.509 certificate
- Using Virtuoso's WebID Identity Provider (IdP) Proxy Service with an X.509 certificate
- ODS Briefcase WebID Protocol Share File Guide
- WebID Protocol Specification
- Test WebID Protocol Certificate page
- WebID Protocol Certificate Generation page