- The Readme for building the standard setup for Linux/Unix provides general instructions on getting started.
We have documentation customized for the following Linux distributions:
A separate page for building Virtuoso on Windows exists.
That said, the build process on Windows is rather more complex than on other platforms, so pre-built Windows packages are available in 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x86_64) formats. (These links are for v6.1.6, as of 2012-08-02. You can manually browse to locate pre-built binaries of other versions.)
The Virtuoso Server can be built with extensions for hosting different web scripting languages, virtual machines and/or function libraries.
The links below list version requirements and the procedures for building these.
Hosting a virtual machine, whether Java or CLR, requires building a special executable linked with the virtual machine and special interface code.
- Getting Started - General Guide
- RDF Insert Methods in Virtuoso
- Use the Content Crawler to Populate the RDF Quad Store
- Extending SPARQL IRI Dereferencing with Virtuoso Sponger Middleware
- How to assign SPARQL_SPONGE privileges to the SPARQL user