Certificate Authority and Issuer Setup Guide
The following step-by-step guide walks you through the processing of configuring your ODS instance for issuing CA-Authority notarized X.509 certificates for ODS instance users.
Certificate Authority Setup
- Install the ODS Framework and Virtuoso Conductor VAD packages.
- Bind your Virtuoso HTTPS Listener to host a CA-Authority certificate.
ODS Endpoint Configuration
Note: If the
DefaultHost setting value in the Virtuoso INI file is changed, the ODS VAD package must be re-installed before the steps below will succeed.
- Go to Conductor -> System Admin -> Security -> Public Key Infrastructure -> Configure HTTPS Listeners.
- Click Configure ODS Endpoints
- Click Create New Endpoint
- Enter the home path for ODS, and save:
- The new endpoint should now appear in the Endpoints list:
- Go to the HTTPS site, e.g.,
https://<cname>:<port>/ods/; in our example,
- If Firefox is used, it will complain that the certificate is not valid, so we must register the site's certificate.
- To add an exception to the Firefox certificate manager, drill down to Firefox Tools -> Options -> View Certificates -> Servers -> Add Exception.
- Confirm exception.
- Return to the ODS site, and register new user.
- Generate an X.509 Certificate for the new user.
- Log out from ODS and refresh browser to simulate opening the ODS site.
- Go to
The browser will ask for a certificate; select the one you generated in the steps above.
- ODS presents your card, and asks whether to login with that certificate.
- You should now be logged in to ODS via WebID? Protocol.
CategoryDocumentation CategorySecurity CategoryVirtuoso CategoryFOAF CategoryODS