WARNING! This URL (in the Main cluster) is no longer the authoritative source for this page; it has been moved to the VOS or ODS cluster as appropriate instead.
See Tim Haynes in case of confusion.
ODS Mail is a highly scalable and robust web-based email and collaboration solution designed to support numbers of users whilst delivering the industry's best performance and availability.
It reduces the cost of communications by providing remote workers with efficient collaboration tools via a user-friendly web interface.
It is integrated with OpenLink? Data Spaces, and thus includes remote access to files, feeds, calendars, photos, Wikis, and other applications.
Presentation & Content
- Easy to use Preview Pane for navigating folders and reading mail
- Attachments - Attach URIs or files to your message such as word or other documents to your message.
- Create professional messages in plain text or HTML format with Mails built-in WYSIWYG editor.
Mails WYSIWYG editor allows you to compose messages in text or HTML mode and provides the ability to format the font type, size, and color, while modifying the message format and embedding images directly into the body of the e-mail.
- Embed Images directly into the body of a message
- Format Messages - bold, italicize, change fonts, background colors, and more
- Text-Only Messages - compose messages without formatting or embedded images
- CC, BCC and DCC support
- Drafts support
- Import mail messages from any POP-3 based email.
- Folder Management - with Mail you can quickly and easily organize new and old messages; and add and delete folders with folder management.
- Personalize Folders - create, modify, and delete personalized folders quickly and easily
- Organize your email by moving messages into designated folders for easy e-mail management and filtering
- Sort mail by sender, subject, or date received
- Automatically (optional) store sent messages in the Sent folder
- Flag messages for follow up
- Mark messages as read or unread
- Mark messages as "urgent" or "low priority"
- Mail includes a sophisticated built-in search so you can easily find messages in your e-mail account.
Choose from multiple options to define the search criteria or select multiple folders or limit the search to a select few.
- Search Multiple Folders - select one or multiple folders quickly and easily to find a specific message(s) relating to a given search
- Display Specific Messages - find all messages relating to a person, company, or subject
- Advanced Search allows you to search attachments and messages for a given date or date range or to whom the email was sent.
Web Browser Functionality
- Browser support includes Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla/Netscape, and Opera.
Stored Feed Manager Metadata
- Emails, folders/sub-folders and attachments
- Tags and email subjects
- Dates, email history, email sender and recipients
How Do I ...?
Quick Start Guides
CategoryMail CategoryODS CategoryOpenSource CategoryOdsMail CategoryDocumentation CategoryWebSite