PubSubHub (PSH) setup consists of two steps:
- Set up the ODS server.
- Configure applications to publish to hub.
These steps are detailed below.
The following packages should be installed:
PSH setup on the ODS Server takes two steps, performed while logged in as the
- In the Feed Instances with Admin Rights section , specify the PSH endpoint.
This setting tells applications what to report for PSH auto-discovery:
- The Notification Services UI is used to set up the PSH publish service endpoint, to which ODS users can point their applications:
- Enter for Endpoint:
http://<host>:<port>/psh/(modified for your instance, e.g.,
- Enter for Notification Service:
- Select Protocol:
- Enter for Endpoint:
ODS applications can now be configured to publish messages to the PSH endpoint.
- Log in as the
- Go to ODS -> Application Settings -> Application Notifications
- Select the default 'dav' blog from the top menu, and highlight the PubSubHub? Notification Service.
(You may command-click to select multiple notification targets.)
- Click Add to make your setting take effect.
For our test, we use ODS-Weblog as publisher and ODS-Feed Manager as subscriber.
First, in ODS-Feed Manager we subscribe to the rss feed:
- Log in as a normal user, e.g.,
- Go to the Feed Manager application.
- Go to Administration -> Feeds and click Subscribe.
- Select From URL... and click Next.
- In From URL (RSS/Atom/OPML/OCS/SIOC ...) field, enter the Weblog Feed URL, e.g.,
- Click Subscribe
- The PSH Server value will be shown, and PubSubHub? Enable will be checked.
Click Subscribe again.
Now, we publish something on the 'dav' weblog:
Notification is made to the PSH endpoint, and the Feed Manager is notified to update its subscription content.
- PubSubHubbub Demo Client Example
- Example feed subscription via PubSubHub Protocol
- Setting Up PubSubHub to use WebID Protocol- or IP-based control lists
- Safeguarding your Virtuoso-hosted SPARQL Endpoint
- SPARQL Endpoint Protection Methods Collection
- Virtuoso documentation
- Virtuoso Tips and Tricks Collection
- SPARUL over SPARQL using the http://cname:port/sparql-auth endpoint
- Virtuoso Authentication Server UI
- Manage a SPARQL-WebID based Endpoint
- WebID Protocol Support in OpenLink Data Spaces.
- Manage ODS Datadspaces Objects WebID? Access Control Lists (ACLs):
- ODS Briefcase WebID based ACL Guide
- ODS Feed Manager WebID based ACL Guide
- ODS Calendar WebID based ACL Guide
- ODS Bookmark Manager WebID based ACL Guide
- ODS Addressbook WebID based ACL Guide
- Guide for Set up a X.509 certificate issuer and HTTPS listener and generate ODS user certificates
- Configure Virtuoso+ODS instance as an X.509 Certificate Authority and HTTPS listener
- Configure Virtuoso instance as an X.509 Certificate Authority and HTTPS listener
- CA Keys Import using Conductor
- Generate an X.509 Certificate hosted WebID Guide
- Generate an X.509 Certificate (with a WebID watermark) to be managed by host operating system keystore
- Generate an X.509 Certificate (with a WebID watermark) to be managed by a browser-based keystore
- Using Virtuoso's WebID Verification Proxy Service with a WebID-bearing X.509 certificate
- Using Virtuoso's WebID Identity Provider (IdP) Proxy Service with an X.509 certificate
- ODS Briefcase WebID Protocol Share File Guide
- WebID Protocol Specification
- Test WebID Protocol Certificate page
- WebID Protocol Certificate Generation page