WARNING! This URL (in the Main cluster) is no longer the authoritative source for this page; it has been moved to the VOS or ODS cluster as appropriate instead.
See Tim Haynes in case of confusion.
Weblog Publishing Platform
ODS-Weblog provides a sophisticated platform for editing and publishing of Weblogs.
Content Publishing Protocols Support
- Moveable Type
- Blogger (1.0 & 2.0)
- Meta Weblog
Content Syndication Formats
- RSS 1.0
- RSS 2.0 (including variations from Yahoo! and Apple)
- CSS & (X)HTML based Page Templating
- WYSIWYG editor (includes Preview and Save-as-Draft functions)
- Archiving - by year, month, category
- Sophisticated Comment Engine - includes OpenID? support and transparent integration with NNTP
- Enclosures support for multimedia casting (Podcasts and Videocasts)
- Keyword-driven rules engine for automated content-categorization and tagging
- Automatically generated Linkblogs and Summary Pages (for outbound link automation)
- Search - Free Text, GData, SPARQL, XQuery, and XPath
- Automatic generation of syndication gems (ATOM, RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0, XBEL, OpenSearch?) for all Search and Query result sets
- Microformats support - RDFa, eRDF, XFN, hReview, and others
- Mobile Blogging for Mobile phones acting as Blog clients
3rd Party Integration via web Services
- Automatic pinging of 3rd party services such as: weblogs.com, technorati.com, pingthesemanticweb.com, and others
- Import and Export integration with shard bookmarking services such as del.icio.us
- Automatic synchronization with third party (and other ODS Weblog instances) via rules-based upstreaming
- Community / Group authored blogs include oles- based security across various profile
- Access-control - Blog readership is controllable via Access Control Lists (ACLs)
How Do I ...?
Quick Start Guides
CategoryODS CategoryOpenSource CategoryBlog CategoryOdsWeblog CategoryWebSite