ODS.OdsAddressbookPublish(Last) -- DAVWikiAdmin? , 2017-06-13 06:07:07 Edit WebDAV System Administrator 2017-06-13 06:07:07
WARNING! This URL (in the Main cluster) is no longer the authoritative source for this page; it has been moved to the VOS or ODS cluster as appropriate instead. See Tim Haynes in case of confusion.
How to publish Addressbook contacts?
ODS Addressbook offers the feature to publish contacts items:
- Go to Preferences.
- Go to Publications.
- Click "New Publication".
- In the shown form enter the parameters as follows:
- Name: then name of the publication
- Select "Refresh type":
- after any entry is changed
- every [n] hours /days
- Select "Destination Type":
- WebDAV? path
- Enter username and password if needed.
- Options (Filter - What contacts to be accepted?)
- Include with Tags
- Exclude with Tags
Here is sample scenario how to publish contacts:
- Login at http://myopenlink.net:8890/ods/ as user demo
- Go to its Addressbook
- Go to Preferences -> Publications -> New Publication
- In the shown form enter:
- Name: My contacts Publication
- Refresh type: every 1 hour
- Source type: URL
- WebDAV? path/URL: http://demo.openlinksw.com/DAV/home/demo/mycontacts.txt
- Username and password: demo
- Click "Create".
- As result the publication will be created.
- You can click the "Sync" button in order to force synchronization.
- As result the Status should be shown as "OK" and also should be shown the date of execution.
- Let's check what is the content of the created file:
BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 REV:2007-05-18T10:52:43.000-04:00 UID:14F2619C-13E0-11DD-98DF-FD73DD4D8578@localhost NICKNAME:test TS:-12 END:VCARD BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 REV:2008-10-08T16:24:43.000-04:00 UID:243474B0-9577-11DD-98DF-FD73DD4D8578@localhost NICKNAME:Kingsley END:VCARD
CategoryODS CategoryOpenSource CategoryAddressBook CategoryOdsAddressBook