To make an ODS WebMail Installation you need:
- WebMail VAD package: ods_webmail_dav.vad
- ODS Framework vad package: ods_framework_dav.vad
- Running Virtuoso Server. (version 3.5 or higher)
- SMTP Server
- Mail Drop application
- If you have WebMail VAD package, you can jump to Step 2.
- To build an WebMail VAD package, you need to have a fresh copy of the WebMail sources from CVS repository and Virtuoso environment installed.
- In the opensource tree, the path to module is: \virtuoso-opensource\appsrc\ODS-WebMail
- After cvs update, go to ODS-WebMail directory and run:
- As result should be build ods_webmail_dav.vad and ods_webmail_filesystem.vad packages. You can locate them in the same folder \virtuoso-opensource\appsrc\ODS-WebMail.
- If you already have installed the ODS Framework package, you need only to execute either from Conductor Interactive SQL or from ISQL the following line:
- As result, if the installation is successful, should be shown the messages:
00000 No errors detected, installation complete. 00000 Now making a final checkpoint. 00000 Final checkpoint is made. 00000 SUCCESS
- To be able to receive mail using your ODS WebMail account, you need to have the following components:
- SMTP server (MS SMTP, Sendmail, Qmail, ...)
- domain name (for example: domain.com)
- OpenLink? Mail Drop program
- The working schema is:
Internet->SMTP Server(*@domain.com)->Mail Drop App (via odbc)->Virtuoso DB message
- You need to configure a SMTP server to receive messages for your domain name and execute mail_drop application for every incoming mail message to this domain. For reference see the steps below.
- You can use Windows version of Mail drop program and standard MS SMTP Server. The Mail Drop application included the following files:
- The files maildrop.dll and virt_mail.exe you can found in your Virtuoso installation folder.
- Place the files from above in the Virtuoso Server folder and execute:
register.bat /register domain.com
- As result will be registered a rule in your MS SMTP server which means:
"If incoming message is for domain domain.com, then execute virt_mail.exe"
- Configure the SMTP server so to add domain.com as alias or as default domain name.
This can be done via Internet Information Services Administration:
Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Internet Information Services.
- Go to http://[host]:[port]/ods
- Login as dav user (default password is dav)
- Go to Site Settings->Server Settings and configure domain names list with available domain for user registrations.
- Check if in the list "Existing Hosted Mail Domains" there is your domain, for ex. domain.com. If not, add it.
- Logout as user dav.
Step 5: WebMail UI
- Go to http://[host]:[port]/ods and register a new user.
- Go to WebMail and create new instance. In the create instance page you need to provide domain from the list of available domains for your email address.
- As result you will be redirected to your WebMail Inbox folder.