Using SyncML? to sync Android contacts with Virtuoso
- A Virtuoso Server instance, 06.02.3130 or later, as of Jun 6 2011 or later;
- SyncML? (
syncml_dav.vad) and Conductor (
conductor_dav.vad) VAD packages have been installed
This is a simple example of synchronizing contacts from Samsung Galaxy S II Android mobile to Virtuoso. The steps have been verified on our QA server.
- Log in to the Conductor at
- Go to Web Application Server --> Content Management --> Repository
- Click New folder
- In the form --
- On your Android device, go to Applications --> Settings --> Accounts and sync.
- In the Manage accounts section, click Add Account
- In the page which opens, select Server from the Sync account section.
- The "Sync profile" page will open.
Fill out the form:
- Sync Category: hatch the Contacts check-box and enter DBname: mysync . Note: this should be the same as the SyncML? folder created above through the Virtuoso Conductor.
- Sync Type: select Full sync
- Sync Server:
- Enter for "Address": http://cname/DAV/home/, for ex.
if using the QA server:
- Enter for Login ID:
- Enter for password: the dav user password
- Enter for "Address": http://cname/DAV/home/, for ex. if using the QA server:
- Profile name:
- Finally click Save
- The newly created profile should now be listed under Applications --> Settings --> Accounts and sync --> Manage accounts. Click on it.
- Click Sync now.
- If the sync is successful, no errors should be shown.
- Go to Virtuoso Conductor --> Web Application Server --> Content Management --> Repository.
- Enter path
/DAV/home/mysyncand click enter.
- If the sync was successful, you should find your new contacts shown: